Friends of BIZAA
Rescuing and providing education to child labor and trafficking victims are very important to us and our Friends of BIZAA. Our mission is to provide rescued children with primary and secondary education, and young adults with technical and vocational training that will give them a more hopeful future. How do we do it? We work to arrange education through sponsorship, generate micro-grant programs for families, and to increase our Friends of BIZAA membership.
Friends of BIZAA is a coalition of organizations, schools and corporations that work alongside us to end child trafficking. How can you help? Here are some examples:
BIZAA is in the process of developing educational curriculum for local schools and religious organizations within our affiliation, in order to educate our children about the significance of global solidarity and the problems of child labor, trafficking and domestic servitude in Africa.
Educational Programs in Progress
- Primary and secondary school for rescued children of grade school and high school ages
- Two year-skill acquisition/technical college for post secondary school age young adults
- Friends of BIZAA educational program for local children
- Self-reliance group educational program for parents of victims: a prerequisite for the micro-grant qualification
- Allow us to educate your organization about BIZAA’s international outreach through presentations to the congregation or board, or in informational inserts in your bulletin.
- Provide an opportunity for the congregation to donate through second collections.
- Invite BIZAA to your church for a screening of the documentary, The Boy They Called Bizarre.
- Allow us to share our annual mission trip experience with your congregation one weekend per year.
- Encourage a representative from your congregation to join our BIZAA Planning Committee.
- Be a BIZAA Prayer Partner.
- Invite Okey to speak at your school to educate students about the benefits and impact of international outreach.
- Create a BIZAA Student Club. We can help guide you!
- Invite BIZAA to your school for a screening of the documentary, The Boy They Called Bizarre.
- Hold a fundraiser to sponsor a child’s tuition.
- Contact us about a variety of ways your school can fundraise. We have lots of great ideas!
Businesses and Organizations
- Allow us to promote BIZAA in your newsletter once a year.
- Invite us to share our annual mission trip experience with your members, committees or employees.
- Invite BIZAA to your business or organization for a screening of the documentary, The Boy They Called Bizarre.
- Encourage a representative from your business to join our BIZAA Planning Committee.
- Donate a silent auction item to our annual gala.
- Make a corporate donation to BIZAA.